- To be able to apply form and position tolerance functionally in the formulation of product specifications and while making drawings.
- To be able to interpret form and position tolerance correctly.
Constructors and technical draughtsmen, planning engineers and craftsmen, as well as metrological workers. The best result is achieved if the course is organised in-company with these various target groups represented!
Secondary Professional with work experience, Higher Professional.
Three day sessions, each from 9.00 till 16.30r, once a week.
Certificate of Participation
On completion of the course each participant will receive a Certificate of Participation
- Concepts, principles, rules and symbols
- GPS matrix (ISO 14638:2015)
- Independancy principle (ISO 8015: 2011)
- Envelope requirement (ISO 14405:2018)
- Rigid workpiece principle
- Combination of tolerance zones SZ, CZ, SIM and exceptions for MMR & LMR (ISO 5458:2018)
- Linear and angular sizes (ISO 14405:2016)
- Modifying symbols
- Maximal material requirement
- Minimal material requirement
- Projected tolerance zone
- Free state condition
Module II: all FOS tolerances both dependant and independant of size (MMC)
- Tolerances of form (ISO 1101:2017)
- Straightness, roundness, flatness, cylindricity
- Datum system (ISO 5459: 2017)
- Simulated datums, datum targets
- Datum system, degrees of freedom
- Tolerances of orientation (ISO 1101:2017)
- Parallelism, perpendicularity and angularity
Module III: all tolerances both dependant and independant of size as in MMC
- Tolerances of profile as form, size, and location
- Profile any line
- Profile any surface
- Profile as tolerance on CAD models (ISO 16792)
- Tolerances of location (remaining) (ISO 1101:2017-ISO 5458:2018)
- Coaxiality / concentricity
- Radial and axial circulair run-out
- Radial and axial total run-out
- Introduction of 3D PMI MBD (ISO 1101:2017 - ISO 16792)
- Intersection- Orientation- and Collection plane, Direction feature
- Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) Model Based Definition (MBD)
- Discussion incompany related problems; FAQ
- Tips and tricks for geometric gauging after succesfully ending the training
- Smartphone apps
Would you like to know more about the possibilities for organizing this course in-house at your company?
We visit you free of obligation, so that we obtain a clear view of your organization, the target group and your objectives.
A good adjustment to your company-specific situation and the deployment of very experienced teachers who have earned their spurs in practice. Mikrocentrum is CEDEO-accredited.
Organizing an in-house course for multiple people often offers an interesting price advantage.
In the end, it is the result that counts. Our personal and flexible approach, the practice-oriented approach and most of all our experienced and specialized teachers all contribute to this success.
For more information, please contact:
Mart Mijnsbergen, email@example.com
or by phone at +31 (0) 40 296 99 33
Mikrocentrum uses all-inclusive rates. All mentioned rates are exclusive of VAT and include course materials and package costs.
Members of the Mikrocentrum High Tech Platform get a 10% discount.
The day package consists of unlimited use of coffee, tea, water and an extensive lunch, and soft drinks in the afternoon.