What will you learn within this systems engineering course?
Within this course, you will learn ways of achieving corporate objectives, e.g. time to market, cost of goods sold, product quality, military objectivest.
On completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the overall concepts which are characteristic of a systems approach to engineering.
- Understand the overall process elements and their relationships, which collectively constitute the fundamentals.
- Understand and be able to relate the roles of developer as supplier, developer as creator and developer as acquirer. You also understand how to place their own roles and roles of their customers (internal and external) and suppliers (internal and external) within this framework.
- Be able to perform the basics of some of the more important techniques of system requirements analysis, development of physical solution, development of logical solution, evaluation of solution alternatives (trade-off studies) and design iteration.
- Be familiar with the principles and major techniques of engineering management in a systems project context.
- Have the basic capability to tailor the application of the principles and methods to different application scenarios.
- Be capable of extensive further learning in the field of systems engineering within a sound conceptual framework.
For who is this course meant?
Anyone who performs, manages, controls or specifies the development of small to large technology-based systems, especially for exacting applications or to fixed budgets. The course will be of particular value to people with an aspiration to become recognized as a qualified system engineer.
University of applied sciences / higher education (HBO)
5 day sessions in Veldhoven, each from 09.00 till 17.00 hrs.
Certificate of attendance
After completing the course you receive a certificate of attendance.
An extensive English syllabus. Because this field is continuously in development, the course material will be updated frequently to the latest state of technical affairs. The course will be given in English. Participants are invited to contribute their own developed parts to discuss them as a practical case study.
Day 1: Systems Context
- Introduction SE
- SE-Processes Framework
- What is a system
- System of Systems
- Context Diagram
- Initial Requirements
Day 2: Requirements
- Requirements Engineering
Day 3: Design and Architecture
- Architecture -> System/Organizational view
- Key drivers
- Thinking Tracks
- Design proces
- Interfaces (N2)
Day 4: Technical Management
- Technical Management
- Decision (trade off)
- CM/Info mgmt
- Risk Management/Bowtie
Day 5: Synthese
- Business Case of SE
- SE and PM
- The SEer at Work
- The dirty dozen of SE
- Rol van INCOSE
Would you like to know more about the possibilities for organizing this course in-house at your company?
We visit you free of obligation, so that we obtain a clear view of your organization, the target group and your objectives.
A good adjustment to your company-specific situation and the deployment of very experienced teachers who have earned their spurs in practice. Mikrocentrum is CEDEO-accredited.
Organizing an in-house course for multiple people often offers an interesting price advantage.
In the end, it is the result that counts. Our personal and flexible approach, the practice-oriented approach and most of all our experienced and specialized teachers all contribute to this success.
For more information, please contact:
Jeroen Gijsberts, email@example.com
or by phone at +31 (0) 40 296 99 33
Mikrocentrum uses all-inclusive rates. All mentioned rates are exclusive of VAT and include course materials and package costs.
Members of the Mikrocentrum High Tech Platform get a 10% discount.
The day package consists of unlimited use of coffee, tea, water and an extensive lunch, and soft drinks in the afternoon.
The afternoon-evening package consists of unlimited use of coffee, tea, water and dinner including a drink.
The evening package consists of unlimited use of coffee, tea and water.