What will you learn during this course?
This course will give you the insights to understand the essence and structure of mechatronics systems in practice. After this course you will be able to:
- understand and discuss about the challenges within the related disciplines (mechanics, electronics, control engineering and computer science);
- apply the theoretical knowledge in practical mechatronic applications;
- translate a mechatronic system (mechanics, actuators, amplifiers and sensors) towards models;
- realize and optimize these models in Simulink and Matlab;
- practical realization of an optimized mechatronic system based on the simulation results.
The practical set up consists of a linear motion system being controlled in a feedback loop. The achieved performance of the system will be compared to the predicted performance according to the model.
For who is the course Applied Mechatronics intended
The training is suitable for people working in the industry and who are already familiar with mechatronics. You work in a function like system architect, mechatronic designer, machine engineer, electrical engineer, software and firmware developer. The training assumes a higher education level (HBO+/BSc or MSc) and at least two years of work experience with mechatronics. The course is constructed in such a way that a specialist in one discipline can still understand the theory and practice of the other disciplines. After the course, you will be able to combine these less familiar disciplines with your own know-how.
Level of the course
HBO+/BSc or MSc
Course meeting and location
5 day session in Veldhoven, each from 09.00 till 17.00 hrs. in Veldhoven.
Certificate of Participation
On completion of the course each participant will receive a Certificate of Participation
An extensive English syllabus
Sven Hol studied Mechanical and Automation Engineering at the University of Twente, the Netherlands, and received his Ph.D. in Mechatronic Design at the Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands. At ASML he held several functions, including electro-mechanical designer, customer service manager at ASML Japan, and researcher. Currently, he is a mechatronic architect at ASML and works as an independent consultant helping other companies with mechatronic challenges.
This course can be taught in English
Day 1: Dynamic Models & Mechanical Systems
- course overview
- mechatronic system
- dynamic models
- transfer functions
- mechanical systems I+ II
- stiffness and damping
- introduction Simulink + Matlab
Day 2: Actuators Amplifiers Sensors & Friction
- recap Simulink + Matlab
- actuators (incl. actuator modeling)
- amplifiers (incl. amplifier modeling)
- friction (incl. friction modeling)
Day 3: Feedback Control
- feedback control
- PID controllers
- feed forward
- PID tuning
- gain margin and phase margin
- response of a controlled system
- delay (incl. delay modeling)
Day 4: Linear Motion System I (practice)
- integration physical model in Simulink + Matlab
- criteria for stability
- determine PID settings
- controller tuning
- simulate system response
- upload control parameters in firmware
- drive system and trace system response
- compare simulated system response and measured system response
- explain difference
Day 5: Linear Motion System II (practice)
- alternative system stiffness
- tune controller with matlab
- verify response with simulink model
- upload renewed control parameters
- drive system and measure response
- comparison results
- advanced topics
- wrap up
Would you like to know more about the possibilities for organizing this course in-house at your company?
We visit you free of obligation, so that we obtain a clear view of your organization, the target group and your objectives.
A good adjustment to your company-specific situation and the deployment of very experienced teachers who have earned their spurs in practice. Mikrocentrum is CEDEO-accredited.
Organizing an in-house course for multiple people often offers an interesting price advantage.
In the end, it is the result that counts. Our personal and flexible approach, the practice-oriented approach and most of all our experienced and specialized teachers all contribute to this success.
For more information, please contact:
Wouter Lintsen, email@example.com
or by phone at +31 (0) 40 296 99 33
Mikrocentrum uses all-inclusive rates. All mentioned rates are exclusive of VAT and include course materials and package costs.
Members of the Mikrocentrum High Tech Platform get a 10% discount.
The day package consists of unlimited use of coffee, tea, water and an extensive lunch, and soft drinks in the afternoon.
The afternoon-evening package consists of unlimited use of coffee, tea, water and dinner including a drink.
The evening package consists of unlimited use of coffee, tea and water.